Dear campus community,
I invite you to participate in a range of courses as part of our Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program to advance inclusive excellence. The courses and programs are open to all UCI undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Below are opportunities to learn and grow as a community.
Modules for Confronting Anti-Blackness
The virtual modules engage all to prevent anti-Blackness by understanding it. Each five-hour module includes weekly moderated discussions that are supplemented by reading and viewing resources.
- Module 1: Anti-Blackness in the U.S.: Black Protest Tradition – 12 p.m. on Tuesdays, March 30-April 27
- Module 2: Anti-Blackness in the U.S.: Structures and Mechanisms of De-Valuing Black People – 12 p.m. on Tuesdays, May 4-June 1
- Module 3: Anti-Blackness in the U.S.: Change the Culture through Personal, Professional and Institutional Accountability – at 1 p.m. on Fridays, April 2-April 30 and May 7-June 4.
To register, please click and submit at: https://uciadvance.wufoo.com/forms/q20hp391mqr2yk/.
Inclusive Excellence Certificate Program
These courses will include 10 sections that are 60 minutes each. Participants who successfully complete the core course plus at least one of the electives will receive an Inclusive Excellence certificate.
- Core Course: UCI as a Minority Thriving Campus – 1 p.m. on Thursdays, April 1-June 3
- Elective: Community – 3 p.m. on Thursdays, April 1-June 3 or 11 a.m. on Fridays, April 2-June 4.
To register, please click and submit at: https://uciadvance.wufoo.com/forms/qgax6wc0ld6cl2/.
These courses promote and advance a campus culture where everyone expects equity, supports diversity, practices inclusion, and honors free speech. Please join us.
Take the UCI Climate Survey
Take the Pledge
Douglas M. Haynes, Ph.D. (Pronouns: he/him/his)
Vice Chancellor for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Chief Diversity Officer
Director, ADVANCE Program
Professor of History