Aug 19, 2020
UCI Infectious Disease Science Initiative and
Center for Virus Research present
COVID-19 Dynamics: State of the Science
This virtual symposium will include presentations by leading experts on the latest knowledge of COVID-19 dynamics, including virus-host interactions, pathogenesis, immunology, epidemiology, and population health.
October 6, 2020 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Attendees can watch the symposium via Zoom Webinar or YouTube and can submit questions in both platforms’ Q&A boxes. Registration is required.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stanley Perlman, M.D., Ph.D. Mark Stinski Chair in Virology, Distinguished Professor, Microbiology and Immunology and Professor, Pediatrics, University of Iowa
- Emmie de Wit, Ph.D., Chief, Molecular Pathogenesis Unit, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Ilhem Messaoudi, Ph.D., Professor, Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, UC Irvine
- Micaela Martinez, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Environmental Health Sciences, Columbia University
- Vladimir Minin, Ph.D., Professor, Statistics, UC Irvine
- Kristian Andersen, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Scripps Research
UCI and UCI Health have implemented measures to protect our community and this virtual symposium is meant to address questions about the virus and its impact. This event is open to the public and UCI faculty, students and staff are encouraged to attend.
Click here for UCI’s latest information related to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.