Jun 25, 2020
UCI Office of Global Engagement is hosting a series of webinars this summer and in the coming academic year to address a number of timely immigration and international topics.
This week’s immigration update will cover President Trump’s recent executive order that restricts foreign nationals with certain employment-based visas, including the H-1B visa for skilled workers, through the end of the year. The event is intended as a resource for faculty, staff and students.
1-2 p.m., Thursday, June 25
The event will feature industry and UCI leaders discussing the latest news about immigration issues affecting universities and answering your questions.
Moderator – Victoria Jones, Chief Global Affairs Officer
- Louis Bronstein, Assistant Director of Federal Government Relations, UCI
- Gillian Hayes, Vice Provost, Graduate Education and Dean, Graduate Division, UCI
- Simonas Jarusauskas, Assistant Director, Scholar Services, UCI International Center
- Stephen Lee, Associate Dean for Faculty Research and Development, UCI
- Diane O’Dowd, Vice Provost for Academic Personnel, UCI
- David Ware, Immigration Attorney, Ware Immigration