Feb 20, 2020
Are you working on education research? Would you like to get started working in education research? Join our community!
Our goal is to give education researchers — experienced and new — some structure, writing time and support. We want to help you move your work from initial ideas to published papers, funded grants and other successes. We also want to help you learn about what’s going on with education research at UCI, receive feedback on your work from multiple perspectives and build a community. Education Research Initiative-sponsored education writing groups are one way we are doing this.
Writing groups have two components:
1. Weekly Writing Session – A weekly, quiet writing session for 1-2 hours per week (“shut-up-and-write” session)
2. “Momentum” Subgroups– Education researchers from the same writing group that meet 2-3 times per quarter (about once a month). We provide Starbucks gift cards to fund drinks/treats for these gatherings. These groups give us a chance to receive feedback and encouragement periodically, and also keep our productive, quiet writing times separate.
This program is intended for education researchers in all stages
- Generating research questions
- Refining research questions
- Designing studies and collecting data
- Preparing papers for submission
- Drafting grant proposals
- And more!
We are currently hosting two writing groups: one meets in person on Thursdays 12-2 p.m., the second meets virtually on Monday afternoons. More groups continue to be added.
Join us and let us support you as you do education research at UCI!
To join a writing group, contact Laura Tucker at firstname.lastname@example.org