Interdisciplinary Pilot Study Funding on Infectious Disease Dynamics
The UCI Infectious Disease Science Initiative (IDSI) aims to establish UCI as a global leader in research and education in infectious disease dynamics. As part of IDSI’s mission to stimulate new interdisciplinary research projects of infectious disease dynamics, we are pleased to announce a call for pilot project proposals. Awards will provide up to $15,000 support to interdisciplinary research teams. Interdisciplinary proposals with a clear plan to generate preliminary data to support external funding applications will be prioritized. Applications are due on December 15, 2019.
UCI students, postdoctoral researchers, research staff, and faculty are eligible to submit a proposal. However, every proposal must identify a UCI faculty member that is overseeing the project.
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Involve investigation of within-host or between-host dynamics, population health, and epidemiological studies
- Are multidisciplinary and include social, political and environmental determinants of infectious diseases
- Incorporate mathematical modeling, statistical modeling, data science, and/or analysis of existing data
- Bring together investigators from multiple departments or schools
- Are led by early stage investigators
- Can be completed in one year
- Have a high likelihood of leading to external funding
Click here for detailed application guidelines.
Potential applicants are encouraged to reach out before submission to discuss project needs. Please email email@example.com or call (949) 824-4734 to discuss your ideas.
We are pleased to announce the launch of our website!