UCPath = UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping, and Human Resources
UCI’s implementation of UCPath will begin in December 2019. This regular executive sponsor message aims to keep the campus community informed by providing a project status update and employee action items to help prepare for UCPath.
Project Status Update
The project remains on target and all employees will be able to access UCPath Online on January 2 via ucpath.uci.edu. UCPath-issued paychecks will be distributed to monthly employees on January 2, 2020 and to bi-weekly employees on January 8, 2020.
UCPath Roadshows are scheduled throughout the months of October and November at campus, Orange, and Anaheim locations. These roadshows cover important information for employees and supervisors such as what is changing, what is staying the same, and how to access and use UCPath Online, the new portal. View the schedule at ucpath.uci.edu/roadshow.
View this video for an overview of UCPath and how it will benefit the University of California and all of its employees. Additional information and resources are available at ucpath.uci.edu.
Five Important Actions for All Employees
Please complete these action items to prepare for the transition to UCPath and share this information with your colleagues, student employees, new employees, and direct reports.
- Sign up for direct deposit or make changes to your direct deposit account by November 14. As of January 2020, paper paychecks will be mailed to the home address identified in UCPath, which may take two to four days for delivery. Direct deposit ensures access to your pay on payday. If you already have direct deposit, you don’t need to do anything since your settings will transfer to UCPath.
- Make sure your mailing address is correct in At Your Service Online (AYSO) by December 1. If you still receive a paper paycheck, be sure your home address is current, since this will be the mail destination for checks.
- Confirm that you know your UCInetID and password. This information is required to log in to UCPath Online. Visit oit.uci.edu/help/ucinetid/ or contact your supervisor with UCInetID questions.
- Sign up for DUO Multi-Factor Authentication. This second layer of security protection for UCI accounts will be required to access UCPath Online and will become mandatory to access key UCI services by the end of 2019. Learn more at oit.uci.edu/mfa.
- Download DFA’s With U • For U mobile app to easily access UCI UCPath information and resources on the go.
Learn More about UCPath
Visit ucpath.uci.edu, attend a UCPath Roadshow or email UCPath@uci.edu to schedule a presentation for your department. If you would like to be more involved in preparing your department for UCPath, contact your Chief Personnel Officer.
Ronald S. Cortez, JD, MA
Chief Financial Officer
Vice Chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration