UCPath = UC Payroll, Academic Personnel, Timekeeping, andHuman Resources
UCI’s implementation of UCPath will begin in December 2019. This regular executive sponsor message aims to keep the campus community informed by providing a project status update and employee action items to help prepare for UCPath.
Project Status Update
UCI remains on track for the transition to UCPath. Employees will receive their first UCPath issued paycheck and be able to access the new online portal in January 2020.
Many people across the enterprise are working hard behind the scenes to train and test on the new system to prepare for its implementation. Feedback from other UC users find the UCPath portal easy to use and appreciate 24/7 access to view or update personal information, life event changes, benefits, vacation, sick time, and sabbatical credit.
As UCI enters the home stretch of the project, be on the lookout for more UCPath information in the coming months. UCPath is hosting a booth at UCI’s TechnoExpo on October 9 and Roadshows in October and November.
Employee Action Items
To successfully transition to UCPath, every employee is strongly encouraged to complete action items listed below. Additionally, please share this information with direct reports.
- Sign up for direct deposit. As of January 2020, paper paychecks will be mailed directly to the address identified in UCPath, which may take two to four days for delivery. Signing up for direct deposit ensures access to your pay on payday. For those who still want to receive a paper paycheck, make address updates on At Your Service Online (AYSO) by December 1, 2019, to ensure checks are mailed to the desired address.
- Update information in AYSO. Make any updates by December 1, 2019 as the following information will transfer to UCPath:
- Home address
- Phone number
- Personal email
- Dependent information for current benefit enrollments
- Confirm you know your UCInetID and password. This information is required to log in to UCPath’s online portal. Go to OIT’s website for help or contact your supervisor.
- Sign up for DUO Multi-Factor Authentication. This second layer of security protection for UCI accounts will be required to access UCPath’s online portal and will become mandatory to access key UCI services by the end of 2019. Learn more at www.oit.uci.edu/mfa.
Want to learn more about UCPath? Visit www.ucpath.uci.edu, email UCPath@uci.edu to schedule a presentation for your department, stop by the UCPath booth at UCI’s TechnoExpo, or attend a UCPath Roadshow. If you would like to be more involved in preparing your department for UCPath, contact your Chief Personnel Officer.
Ronald S. Cortez, JD, MA
Chief Financial Officer
Vice Chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration